This week I want to share with you guys one of my go-to chicken salad recipes. It’s so simple but makes simple baked chicken wayyyy more exciting. Growing up I did not like chicken salad because I always felt like it was more mayonnaise than chicken and the mix-ins. So, I started coming up with my own recipes! I posted one of my favorites a long time ago (this confetti chicken salad) and now I’m sharing this variety. It’s such a simple solution to making sure there is something for lunch each day and I promise it’s more meat and mix-ins than mayo. Actually this variety doesn’t have any mayo at all. I typically throw it together on a Sunday afternoon or a Monday night after work. It probably takes a total of 45-ish minutes to put together, prep to plate, but about 20 to 30 of those minutes are hands-off to free you up for other things!
Hope you make time to try this recipe and that it gives you some simple lunch or dinner solutions!
HONEY DIJON CHICKEN SALAD
Makes about 3 cups
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (should make about 3 cups cooked chopped)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 cup diced celery (about 2 to 3 large stalks)
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook chicken according to instructions for my Tender Oven-Baked Chicken. (Or use your own favorite cooking method for simple chicken)
3. While chicken bakes in the oven, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard and honey.
4. Set aside.
5. When the chicken is done, allow to cool slightly.
6. Once cooled slightly, dice chicken into bite-size chunks and add to a medium mixing bowl.
7. Add honey dijon dressing to the diced chicken, mixing well to incorporate all of the dressing with the chicken.
8. Add in the diced celery and dried cranberries.
9. Mix everything well to combine all ingredients so that when served, each person gets sweet tangy bites of chicken, tart cranberries and a crunch of celery in every bite.
A recipe packed with protein and vitamin B12
NUTRITION INFO (per 1 cup):
413 calories, 43 grams Protein, 14 grams Carb, 18 grams Fat, 0.8 grams Fiber, 1.5 grams Iron, 33 mg Calcium